All right, thoughts. You’ve had your fun. Run your course. Tricked me into thinking it’s impossible to do all the things you need to in the next couple days. But the reality is, you’re wrong.
Yes, I had a very busy weekend, full of both fun and not-so-fun advisor-approved crazy business, but it wasn’t all bad. Sure, work kind of monopolized my time, but that doesn’t mean worry has to monopolize my mind. No, that’s something I’m in control of now. What went down this weekend, you ask? Let me tell you:
- Writing three documentations, staying up til 6:30am to get it all done. Definitely the “highlight” but only in the sense that it’s what I’ve classified this weekend with.
- Watching Kill Bill and subsequently downloading the soundtrack. My goodness, I cannot tell you how much I love that movie.
- Painting my nails. Oh man, it’s the little things.
- Davis not being here. He ‘s been at a conference with his summer internship for the past few days and just got home tonight. I was alone to face this monster of a weekend, but I succeeded. Sure, I’m limping a little, but I’ll get better in the next day or two.
- Programs galore!
- Making French toast for breakfast this morning. Super delicious.
- “Boo”ing my residents – it’s a game we’re playing for Halloween on my floor. They seem excited that it’s happening!
- Seeing Dara! I haven’t seen her since advisor training, so it was wonderful catching up with her tonight.
- Hanging out at The Drake (my friends’ house). Always good times to be had.
- Not really getting any homework done. Poop.
- Making cookies! Which were wonderful and delicious! Apple Pie Cookies (http://bakingbites.com/2009/10/apple-pie-cookies/) – they were seriously awesome and not too labor-intensive. Try them – you won’t regret it!
See, brain? Not all bad things! Most of them were very good! Please try to look at these from now on and have faith that you can get all your work done regardless of what it is. Don’t worry! Just breathe and look at all the good things that have happened to you today.
Oh, and PS – tomorrow will be the same way. Seek out the beauty, look at the small things. They’ll pick you up and give you strength and hope. Promise.