POSTING!!! Finally! It’s been two months, ish, and I’m finally taking writing up again! Yippee! (It’s been so long I had to reorient myself with WordPress and figure out how to post… fail.)
So this post is going to be catch-up, kinda, cuz why not? Full of the new awesome things I’ve discovered, everything that’s happened, etc. etc. etc. Really not that exciting for any outside reader, but hey, it’s life to me, so I love it! 😀
So! The two awesome new discoveries I’ve made in the past few months:
1. Mumford & Sons. Ooh goodness. Mumford & Sons is a British folksy-bluegrass-y (ahh, I cringe at the word) band with poetically real lyrics that really, well, say something. They’re full of knowledge and truth, and when I listen to them, I’m filled with hope about love and the future and life in general. It’s just… so beautiful. Please, if you haven’t, go listen to them. They are most definitely high up on my “Best Bands Ever” list. (And another thing? Every single song on their album is good. Oh man, I love it when that happens!)
2. The Hunger Games. I got hooked on this series over winter break. I can’t really tell you what it’s about, because saying anything kind of gives it away. And I actually haven’t finished the series yet – I’m 100 pages into the last one (there are three) and now that I’m back at school I only find the time to read for my history class. What I can say is this: Suzanne Collins does an excellent job in writing this sci-fi, futuristic page-turner. She words things so vividly and interestingly, and I strive to be able to write like her.
These two things have been nothing short of obsessions over the past few months. I just can’t get enough of them. My friends are probably sick of me talking about them, but they should listen to/read them and get hooked too.
Other fantastic things…
- I made the dean’s list at school last quarter! 😀 My GPA hasn’t been this high since high school. (and even then, it was much higher… welcome to college.) I thoroughly enjoyed last quarter and feel like I’m definitely in the right major.
- I went to Hawaii over the break with Davis’s family. Oh goodness was it fun! And soooo relaxing… 🙂 I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have him and them in my life.
- Over Thanksgiving break I dyed my hair blue! That was pretty awesome. I used temporary dye, and it came out in a week or so (which was sad… I wish it would have stayed a little longer!). But on the other hand I have extra dye, so I can do it again any time I want.
- My little brother Mikie broke both his wrists in November. It was so sad, but at the same time so uplifting to experience his positive attitude about it. I really look up to him – he just keeps smiling, and I strive to be like that too. Luckily now he’s out of his casts and is itching to start karate (I told him how fun it was and now he can’t wait to try it too!).
- I got a new cell phone for Christmas (which is awesome! I can’t believe I resisted upgrading for so long…). I also got – wait for it – my passport. I’m getting closer and closer to going to Italy this summer.
Yay for life and excitingness and stuff. Today’s been nonstop, running around all over campus to go to class, meetings, the gym, etc. I’ve barely had a moment completely to myself, and now I’m so happy I got to spend this time blogging! I feel more productive today than I have in a long time, which is awesome. I want to keep my productivity up, so back to work it is! Here’s hoping I write again soon 🙂